Sunday 30 December 2007

Bacon Hat

I thought that I would wrap the year up with some highlights and lowlights, but in all honesty I might be a bit too lazy for that, so you may have to make do with these funky pictures, depending on how much work I have to do tomorrow. And work a little bit extra I must, for I just spent an oxenload of money (well, the amount of money was not insane, but my budget is tighter than Dream Theater nowadays) on cutlery, a tree and a fancy manbag. But hey, it is your favourite midwinter celebration time, right?


These are the Gense Focus de Luxe, Swedish design from the 1950s and remade in some sort of anniversary edition which can withstand the dishwasher and other elements. Not only are they pretty, they are extraordinarily functional as well, the box informs me, with all design elements filling a purpose. I wonder.


This is my Versace manbag in all its glory. It fits my MacBook Pro, looks snazzy and will make people mistake me for a Russian. All good!


And this is a five foot high tree, sold as a "bonsai" at IKEA, but I dunno, I think it would more correctly be classified as "aggressively pruned little tree". It certainly adds some oomph to my little forest by the window.

There was also Christmas. Not much of a holy-day for me personally, but I donated some money to people in need and got my brother some sci-fi books and perfume. Others insisted on giving me presents, however. In addition to my animal plasters which are sadly not photographed, the highlights were mainly Woodins and a fire extinguisher.


These are Woodins. Woodins are creatures which live in the forest, inspired by Miyazaki's kodama, I believe. My friend Sophie knitted them for me, and I must say it is probably one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever had the honour of receiving!


I also got a black fire extinguisher. It is so hot! Figuratively.


And me, I had a hat made out of bacon. Bacon packages, actually. Which had been in the trash. But this was a while ago, and I learned from it.


PUB, a department store in central Stockholm had the best Christmas decorations ever this year. There were horrorish figures, weirdly proportioned mannequins, dildos and strange moving eyes. Among other things. I have some trouble understanding exactly who was supposed to be tempted into buying stuff, but it was certainly enjoyable.


My friend Ambra got an authentic cocaine jar made a bit less than a hundred years ago or so. A COCAINE jar! I want one, even though I have no cocaine to fill it with.


This is so sweet. Drunk girl kisses animal statue outside Chinese restaurant.


My friend Jonny excelled at... something during the holidays. His girlfriend turned an ashen shade when she saw this outfit, and so did I. Luckily, I managed to snap a picture and even more luckily, he did not look like this when we left the building.


Oh, and happy new year. Try not to drink too much and let us hope the polar bears do not all drown in 2008!

1 comment:

Sofia said...

Sop-bacon-hatt! ^__^