Monday 15 December 2008

Angry, Bricked-in


I had sort of an Edgar Allan Poe moment. Recently, I found a rather unusual black cat ornament that my ex-girlfriend had given me at the local charity store to which I have given a lot of clothes and other stuff over the years. I remembered how I had been quite uncertain whether to donate that particular cat ornament or not, what with fond memories and yadda yadda. Anyway, seeing it again made me a bit sad and quite wistful, so I quickly left the story. This was a week or two ago. Today, I was up in the attic rummaging about... and found it there.

So, either there are two identical and very unusual cat ornaments within a very small area, or this is something like that angry, bricked-in cat of Poe fame.

The cat in the picture above, however, is doing just fine. I had to cut the hair in her armpits today, though, as it was turning into dreadlocks, and that is not particularly good for cats.

No comments: