Thursday 19 April 2007

Hard Renaissance

Just to let you know I am still alive, albeit experiencing a bit of a monasterical existence in the office. I will be back in force in early June.

Today, I found a pair of cufflinks that cost €2,500 or so. They had diamonds, emeralds and rubies in chequered patterns, and they were so tacky I fell in love at first sight. Alas, I am far too practical to spend all my savings on such things. Rather, I will hopefully be going to China this summer to drink lots of rum.

I believe there are no interesting sidenotes to be added today. Things are certainly interesting at work, but I will not divulge any details, for obvious reasons. I did finish reading Greg Egan's book Axiomatic, a collection of short stories, of which some were absolutely fantastic and some were just trite. Since he will not publish anything new until May 2008, I thought I might as well buy some sf anthology in the meantime. It is called The Hard SF Renaissance and contains an Egan story and a lot of others. Seems promising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

leave time for monkey admiration.