Tuesday 27 March 2007

Toothpaste Stays Striped

So, I have been working in the investment banking department of a bank here in Stockholm for a week now. It has been rather tiring, although I guess that could be expected. The time I spent in the office was 70 hours or so, which is approximately the workload I had guessed in advance. However, I had not really anticipated how little leisure time that means. I pity the friend who works 100 hour weeks in London, really. I can only imagine.

On another note, I now know how the toothpaste stays striped! Really, is that not funky? I somehow expect a Dinosaur Comics about it. Read Dinosaur Comics. You must.

I now have two months left as an IBD intern. After that I will either have a very nice job and no spare time, or no job and a very nice spare time. Either way, this summer I have a thesis to write and hopefully enough money to go on vacation in distant lands for a week or two.

1 comment:

Investment Banking Monkey said...

Good luck with the investment banking thing. Come over to the all nighter if you want some tips on how to reduce your 70 hours to more like 50. Keep those deals accretive.