Sunday 4 March 2007

Picture Post I

Today, I will just let my rather crappy camphone speak for itself.


This is what my notes in school have looked like for the past decade. In all honesty, I really am crap at taking notes. They always end up being deranged drawings with no signal to noise ratio whatsoever.


I visited a flea market today, and picked up some great books for about €2/each. Strindberg, Márquez, Slas and Gorkij/Pesjkov, as well as a nice photographic book about Palestine, anno 1925. The latter is full of really nice pictures of the region - city life as well as various scenic views. Whatever one might think about the political situation today, the land was definitely more beautiful then.

I also found a book about Charles Rennie Mackintosh at the annual book sale, and through mysical means I accidentally procured a brooch designed by the same man a few hours later.


Sometimes I just seem to doodle way too much. The big guy is Truth, and his two anorexic kids are Incomprehension and Divestitude. This might be some kind of notes from my studies.


This is an ad campaign by a Swedish labour union, Seko. They seem to have a bit of a problem conveying their message, and this campaign sucks big time. Not because I am against unions in general, but because they demand higher wages for everyone. Sounds more to me like they just demand inflation. However, it would surprise me if that was the case, even though surveys show that people actually become happier if they get a higher wage, even if the inflation eats up the whole increase (as opposed to the wage staying the same, and no inflation).

Is it more equal wages they desire? If so, then just say that, damn it. I also like the middle ad which is a parody of some standard sales campaign and says "Employ 3 - pay for 2", signed "The employers". Seko then writes with really small print at the bottom that "this is our interpretation about what the employers want".

Had I way too much money, I would run the campaign "We are Seko and we will eat your babies! Raaar!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree... Just my thoughs everytime I hear about "higher wages"-strikes and see such campains. They're silly - like children who demands more candy all the time. "I want I want I want!"
Some occupational groups do deserve more than they have right now, though.