Wednesday 14 March 2007

Smoked Liquorice


Though it might seem a bit greekish, I was just ambling around Studentpalatset (The Student Palace) for a bit. It is a pretty nice building, but horribly space inefficient. That, and the group study rooms are stale.

It is a bit weird. The latte (with taste of nuts, and price to match) I drank today cost me as much as these books by Dan Andersson, Göran Tunström and C J L Almqvist - authors who are, I believe, not very well-known outside Sweden. Mmm... books! I also got this horrid Versace tie dirt cheap, for the sole purpose of selling it on eBay. It is one of very few Versace ties I have seen that I have really disliked.

A friend of mine got promotional samples of these sugar-free liquorice pastilles. He gave me a batch, because he thought they were a bit iffy. I really liked the "smoked liquorice" (which, strangely enough, tasted just like liquorice that has been smoked), but the "orange peel liquorice" probably came out of the bad end of a monkey.

3 comments:

Anton said...

Rumours of your death are largely exaggerated, who would've funk that you would be inclined to caveat emptor-trade and liquorice pastilles?

Sofia said...

MMMMmmm, Dan Andersson var en så bra man. Han hade en livsfarlig kolmila att vakta. Det borde vi också ha, de skimmrar i fina färger på natten och sen ger de ifrån sig gaser som kan axplodera! Lite som Miró, fast större.

Anonymous said...

BECOME A BUZZADOR KALLISTI. THEY'LL GIVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF FREE CANDY. ALL DAY LONG.