Friday 2 March 2007

Glaciers

On my way home from work, the unusually rapid thawing created very nice glacial ice looking things on the rock by the side of the road. Had I the energy, I would have learned how to publish stuff to my blog from my cellphone, but since I am rather lethargic, the presentation of the ice photos will have to wait until such a time I can be bothered to put that wee memory stick into the card reader.

Right now, I am listening to the Pulsedriver cover of that old Kim Wilde song Cambodia, which is pretty nice even though it is a bit too much of a dance floor anthem for my taste. The Apoptygma Berzerk cover is a tad better.

On the whole, I am a bit afraid for my music taste, since it consists of just a select few bands, and I hardly bother to listen to anything new. I am scared that I might be growing old. On the other hand, the bands I do listen to are at least somewhat diverse. From Velvet Underground and The Sisters of Mercy to Robotiko Rejekto, John B, Tony Joe White, Black Sabbath, Instant Remedy, Future Sound of London, Current 93 and Master Blaster. Then there are the bands that I love but that I for some reason never listen to, such as Einstürzende Neubauten and Legendary Pink Dots.

Overall most played on the iPod right now are Mao Tse Tung Experience and Madrugada, though. Regarding the latter, I spent half a day walking through London listening mainly to Madrugada's The Kids are on High Street, which is probably one of the best songs ever. Pity they are on one of the big labels.

No comments: