Thursday 25 September 2008

Fuckup Fixed

I am sitting at the bank, with their birch veneer desks and faux art deco sofa, waiting to get some sort of mortgage fuckup fixed. I have no clue as to the whats and whys, but I do know I am dead tired of all the various crap I have had to deal with since buying my new apartment.

It started out last autumn, when I bough a spiffy 1920s flat as centrally as central can be. Not the best area in town, but certainly the most convenient one. It ended up losing a lot of value and not exactly being the ideal apartment, so I got a new, smaller apartment in a fancier neighbourhood. Then I did not manage to sell the old one, and both apartments' value plunged, and my stomach hurt, and everything sucked. In the end I lost about €50,000 or so, which was about all the money I owned, but not my sanity. So tomorrow I will, together with my sanity and sans my riches, move into the new apartment. Yay for that.

I read a bit about that idiot kid in Finland who gunned down and set fire to his classmates. What is the deal with including other people in your suicide? And, asks the deranged part of my brain, if someone is purportedly "at war with humanity" or whatever, how the hell do they not manage to off more than ten or so of their completely unprepared "enemies"? How come almost no insane (that is non-religious, non-political) people who hate the world actually manage to kill a lot of people? Or are there political leaders whose career is just there to mask a love of making life miserable for others? I can think of quite a few candidates.

Now, I go move some heavy things. I have seventy moving boxes or so, but I cannot for the life of me understand why. I am not really a "stuff" person in that I save lots of crap. I try to only have useful things and things which are bearers of value (such as nice ceramic items), but I still end up with a mountain of items which are much more trouble than they are worth. I should take this opportunity to ease up on my dragonity and give some of my hoard away to people more dragonesque.

No comments: