Thursday 5 June 2008

Entropy: Increased

What is the deal with those fiftyfive-ish men with rather big beards and often, but not always a tiny bit of a beer belly? They tend to sport dark brown or green hats, felt or leather, with wide brims and sometimes a leather vest (of the "practical" kind, not the "gay man" or "biker" kinds) which looks like it has been used for many years but has been well taken care of. These men almost always wear a shirt of some kind. Not a dress shirt, but a practical one made out of thicker cotton with at least one pocket. The colour of the shirt is often olive green, greyish or brown.

The fact that some men look like this does not bother me at all, what bothers me is that they are almost always alone, and they almost always look happy! I want to know what they know that I do not know. I believe they might hold the keys to heaven, but they are apparently not sharing them. They are like Mona Lisas with beards! Also, I wonder if the communicate - and how do they procreate? My theory is that they do it like amoebas. They duck into a dark alley and just split, one smug, enigmatic man then coming out each end, only the shade of their hat telling them apart. I did admittedly see two of them together, though. Once. I guess that was just because they had accidentally divided in a one-way alley or something. Oh well.

I am having a bit of a personal hell with my apartment business. In hindsight, it was apparently pretty fucking stupid to buy a new apartment before selling the old one. But, since I talked to I think ten different estate agents who all promised that it would be a piece of cake to sell mine, I was lulled into a false sense of security and now I have two apartments and not enough money to even pay interest on the loans. Damn you, estate agents.

My plan consisting of "healthy food and exercise" to lose a few kilos has apparently backfired. I have gained three or four kilos in as many months. I hope, at least, that it can be attributed to building muscles. However, it so happens that every time I go to the gym, I feel a bit guilty for increasing the entropy in the universe more than usual, speeding up the process of heat death. I wonder if this means I am deranged or just nerdy.

No comments: