Monday 30 June 2008

Spirit of the Gym

There is a computer game of some sort called Pangya Golf with Style or something. I have never played it, nor have I ever been interested in doing so. However, my sleep tonight was a bit weird (too much beer, I guess) and I apparently played the game in the world of dreams. It was awesome, and was like a cross between minigolf/putting practice and a Harry Potter movie or Pan's Labyrinth! All of the holes had gargoyle eggs or magickal stones, and a griffin circled in the sky. I was a bit nervous, because the whole situation was sort of eerie. Then all was well again except for the fact that my lizard (a lizard I actually had many years ago) was biting a big yellow frog, and I had to bend her jaws open to separate them. Ah, dreams.

After another apartment-selling failure, I went to the gym today to work off a bit of frustration. Training harder than usual, I was dizzy, sweaty and exhausted when I finished my workout. Then I saw her. A woman I believe I saw five years ago or something when I was training at another gym. She looked exactly as beautiful and radiant now as then, she went through the same motions, still totally oblivious of her surroundings, wearing headphones. So self-occupied was she, that I realized that she is probably just the Spirit of the Gym, appearing to those who need encouragement. I notice these things, and I was encouraged.

No comments: